Flow-Tech install two types of solar panels, evacuated tubes and flat plate collectors. These solar panels harness
the power in both direct and diffused sunlight and convert the energy to heat for the production of hot water for
The solar panels have been designed as a complement to existing heating systems which use a store of hot
water in a cylinder.
The existing cylinder is exchanged for a cylinder with two heat exchanger coils; one from the boiler in the
property and a second from the solar panels.
Key Features and Benefits of Solar Panels
There are a number of benefits to you if you install the solar
panels supplied by Flow-Tech Plumbing, Heating and Gas Services. These include:
- The efficient collector with 95% absorption rate increases the performance of the panel
- The robust panel design minimises the risk of damage and prolongs service life
- All materials used are environmentally friendly
- Easy and quick to fit, saving money on labour and reducing the complexity of installation
- The simple to use controller allows quick settings of functions
- The selective coating on the absorber increases the collector performance even on cloudy days
- The strong solar glass cover protects the collectors from damage
Over 70% of the average household’s energy use goes into space and water heating, so a source of free hot
water to use instead of commercial energy can make a dramatic financial saving. Solar Water Heating is the
renewable technology of choice for most UK households as it offers a quicker payback (7-15 years for an
It can provide at least 40-60% of all your hot water requirements throughout the year. The average domestic
system reduces carbon dioxide emissions by around 400kg per year.
we are more than happy to provide a free quote on any work required contact us